Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Around Here// Love My Littles




Poor little Max has been struggling with acid reflux and colic for the last several weeks. It's been pretty hard to get much done around here, because he just wants to be held and comforted twenty-four hours a day-- it's been the most wonderfully exhausting seven weeks of my life. When he was in the hospital I could only hold him for feedings--which were honestly stressful and challenging for both of us. It was really hard to see him suffering and not be able to pick him up and comfort him. Even though it is really hard to keep up with everything, I love that I have been able to hold and comfort him so much over the last month while he hasn't been feeling well. I can't wait for him to be healthy and happy. It breaks my heart to see him so uncomfortable all the time. We are hoping things will improve soon with the new medication and formula the doctor prescribed.

As for my Dolly, she adores little Max and is very sweet with him. Even still, she's had a really hard time adjusting to the changes in our routine, and having to share my attention. She came into my life when I wanted so much to be a mama, and she is used to having all of my love and attention. Hopefully some medication will help her too. It's so hard for me to see her suffering, and not have the ability to do much about it. I hope she and Max will become best buddies, and that soon she'll adapt to the changes around here. I love them both so much.

Needless to say with all that's going on around here taking time to upload photos just hasn't really happened. There will be plenty of time for that later, I think.

L

2 comments:

  1. What a great picture! I love the connection between Bear and M. She just adores her baby. I felt privileged that she would leave me alone with him for a little while. :)

    I am sorry lil' man has some tummy troubles, but hope the meds and formula will help with that. I hope the meds will help Bear too. She is such a sweet girl and wants to protect her people.

    You describe this time beautifully - "wonderfully exhausting." That says it all. I can only imagine how tired you are, but what a sweet and blessed relief to be able to actually hold and comfort your wee one now. You are a great momma to M and to his puppy sister. They are lucky to have you.

    Miss you all so much, but thinking of you often! Give everyone a snuggle or eighteen from me.

    Xoxoxo, Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why but i have the hardest time commenting on your blog! I can never prove I'm not a robot :). My comments always get deleted.

    Anyway, I'm sorry that your little family is having so many struggles. Poor Max and Dolly (and Momma and Daddy I'm sure). It's super stressful to watch your little ones struggle. I've been thinking of you so often and hope that things get better for your babies soon!

    Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete