Friday, January 11, 2013

Crafting// DIY Cupid's Arrow




Chevrons, arrows, and feathers are super trendy right now... so with Valentines Day coming up, I think old Cupid and his arrow are going to be making a come back! I was inspired by these cute ideas here and here.

Supplies:
Wooden dowel
Washi Tape
Paint
Ink
Feathers
Ribbon and Lace
Patterned paper
Felt
Pearl embellishments
Doilies
Adhesive

Directions: (If you're into that sort of thing...)

Paint your wooden dowel and allow to dry. Adhere washi tape in a variety of colors and patterns to the top 4 inches of the dowel.

For the heart: I already had a die-cut heart in my stash so I simply inked the edges and embellished with a little felt heart and some adhesive backed pearls. (If you don't have a die-cut handy, simply hand cut a heart or use a die-cutting machine.) Attach the embellished heart to the end of the dowel and adhere a doily to the back for a little added cuteness.

I used my trusty Silhouette Cameo to cut the feathers in a variety of shapes and sizes. You could easily pick up some feathers at the craft store or hand cut your own out of paper or felt. (see the cute inspiration links above for examples) Attach the feathers to the end of the dowel with the washi tape. Embellish with a little ribbon and lace.

Products used: American Crafts// Martha Stewart Crafts// Cosmo Cricket// Close To My Heart// Silhouette Cameo

I think I'm going to make a few more arrows and place them in an apothecary jar... They would also look really cute next to a framed photo of you and your special valentine. Photos to follow.

L

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I'm impressed with your design and creative work, LJ.

    ReplyDelete