Friday, February 15, 2013

Life Through the Lens// Chinese Gardens





Just a few pretty shots from the Chinese gardens at the Bellagio in Las Vegas. I've always loved the Asian culture... it reminds me of home. There's a lot of beautiful Asian inspired artwork and decor in my parents home, much of it inherited from my Nana and Papa. Dad served a mission in Hong Kong in the 1960's and Nana and Papa visited many Asian countries in their travels. I just loved every bit of these beautiful gardens! It was seriously a tranquil environment even amidst the crowds of people passing through. Simply lovely.

Gong Hey Fat Choy! Happy Chinese New Year!!  (2013 is the year of the snake--I hate snakes, but I'm sure it will still be a great year.)

L

1 comment:

  1. I love Asian culture for the same reasons you describe here, LJ. We are so lucky to have such a rich family history of different cultures, aren't we?

    I know the Year of the Snake may sound a little ominous, but my yoga teacher told us that the snake is a symbol of feminine wisdom and that made me smile. I like thinking about a year full of wisdom, don't you? :)

    Have a happy day!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete