Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Papercrafting// Storybook Bunting// Baby Shower

My family had a little storybook themed shower for us on Saturday. It was so much fun and I am honestly overwhelmed with joy and gratitude for the generous gifts little Max was showered with! I felt so loved, and I felt so much love for our little boy. It was a lot for me to take in--it was simply a beautiful and wonderful day!

Max now has the most fantastic library of books that I can't wait to spend hours pouring over with him. We read one of his new stories to him last night and he was a very active listener;) I grew up in a home where I learned to love reading--even with a childhood struggle with dyslexia, I had a great desire to learn to read like my brothers and sisters. My sweet parents spent countless hours reading to me and helping me cultivate a love of learning. Oh the adventures you can go on with the turn of a page!

To decorate for the party I created a cute little banner out of some vintage children's book pages and library cards. Here's how I put it all together:

Step 1: go to the thrift store and purchase a couple of children's books (I looked for ones that were well loved--with crayon marks, torn pages, and loose binding... that way I didn't feel as bad about destroying a book)
Step 2: cut the pages into simple flags. Nothing fussy, just easy triangle cuts at the bottom of the pages
Step 3: machine stitch the pages together with library cards and pockets.

Such a simple project, but it really made a big impact.

Thanks for looking!
L

2 comments:

  1. I love it!!! I know what you mean about feeling bad about cutting up books. I always feel the same way. What a cute theme for your shower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOOOOO cute! I am glad I get to see the pics since I wasn't able to be there. I love that you and Danny have already read some of his stories to him. :) I am so excited for the chance to read stories to Max too. When he's older, he'll love story time at the library. :)

    ReplyDelete