Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Papercrafting// Storybook Bunting// Baby Shower

My family had a little storybook themed shower for us on Saturday. It was so much fun and I am honestly overwhelmed with joy and gratitude for the generous gifts little Max was showered with! I felt so loved, and I felt so much love for our little boy. It was a lot for me to take in--it was simply a beautiful and wonderful day!

Max now has the most fantastic library of books that I can't wait to spend hours pouring over with him. We read one of his new stories to him last night and he was a very active listener;) I grew up in a home where I learned to love reading--even with a childhood struggle with dyslexia, I had a great desire to learn to read like my brothers and sisters. My sweet parents spent countless hours reading to me and helping me cultivate a love of learning. Oh the adventures you can go on with the turn of a page!

To decorate for the party I created a cute little banner out of some vintage children's book pages and library cards. Here's how I put it all together:

Step 1: go to the thrift store and purchase a couple of children's books (I looked for ones that were well loved--with crayon marks, torn pages, and loose binding... that way I didn't feel as bad about destroying a book)
Step 2: cut the pages into simple flags. Nothing fussy, just easy triangle cuts at the bottom of the pages
Step 3: machine stitch the pages together with library cards and pockets.

Such a simple project, but it really made a big impact.

Thanks for looking!
L

3 comments:

  1. I love it!!! I know what you mean about feeling bad about cutting up books. I always feel the same way. What a cute theme for your shower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOOOOO cute! I am glad I get to see the pics since I wasn't able to be there. I love that you and Danny have already read some of his stories to him. :) I am so excited for the chance to read stories to Max too. When he's older, he'll love story time at the library. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's called a cool and soothing baby shower. Our kitty party last month was also somewhat the same. Mixed variety of snacks were ordered at convention center according to the choices of guests. Wanted to avoid wastage so the quantity was up to the mark only. Next one is to be arranged in a couple of weeks now. Will limit the budget this time.

    ReplyDelete