Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Scrapbooking// Project Life


I have a bunch of pages and Project Life spreads that I need to photograph and share here! Project life has been the perfect fit for me. It gives me a simple and organized approach to keeping up with our pictures and stories, while freeing me to create traditional 12x12 pages in whatever haphazard, disorganized manner I please. You see, I haven't ever enjoyed creating 12x12 pages in chronological order--I like being able to pick the pictures and stories that speak to me in the moment, no matter how old or recent they may be. However, while I liked a more carefree approach to creating pages, I always felt a bit stressed about missing out on the here and now, and forgetting the specifics while they were fresh on my mind. With Project Life, I can easily keep up with the day to day, making sure I don't miss the everyday moments as they are happening. I've found it easier to create 12x12 pages in whatever order I like, while knowing that I'm not getting behind, or missing out on the here and now.

There is no right or wrong way to scrapbook, but my creative right-brained self is happy to have found a system that seems to be working to help me keep it organized, creative, and productive.

L

3 comments:

  1. Love your random-ness, LJ! That is my preferred method of operating too (drives my poor let-brained hubby very crazy some days!). I can definitely appreciate picking the photos and stories that speak to you in any given moment. That's where the real emotion lives. Keep up the fabulously creative work, sis. Can't wait to see more of your pages!

    Love from Georgia . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, love how that works for you. Totally makes sense.
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete