Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Scrapbooking// Carefree & Happy As Can Be

I adore this photo of Miss M! It captures her personality so perfectly. So happy and sweet! I love playing outside with her and watching as she delights in the little things--the sunshine, the breeze, and the joy of swinging "higher and higher," as she practices pumping in and out. She's such a happy little soul and I love being her Aunt.

I wanted to create a quilt-inspired look on this page for an interesting background design. After creating a pattern that I liked, I wanted to keep the rest of the page pretty subdued with lots of white space--so I went for a tone-on-tone, white on white, look with the embelleshing. I quite like the final result. The white butterflies, title, and brads add dimension and interest, without drawing too much attention away from the design.

Supplies Used:
Cardstock and Patterned Paper: Amy Tangerine for American Crafts, Dear Lizzy for American Crafts, CTMH; Paper Die cuts: Dear Lizzy for American Crafts; Brads, pearls, and button: CTMH; Washi Tape: Love My Tapes

Thanks for looking!
L

1 comment:

  1. I love that picture of Miss M. The tones and shades you've used on the page fit the sweet innocence of her smile perfectly. Love the quilt-inspired, vintage-y feel of the design!!

    ReplyDelete